javascript alert ok button click event

BACK

In the Card form I have save button which has the following click event:So, it should show an alert, save data (Save() method) and redirect to the Main form. This would be wrong approach. Stack Overflow for Teams is a private, secure spot for you and site design / logo © 2020 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our CodeProject, F-ES Sitecore 1-Dec-15 7:01am Implement your own alert function, or use an alert plug-in that supports this feature. The alert() method in JavaScript displays an alert box with a specified message and an OK button. 503-250 Ferrand Drive Toronto Ontario, M3C 3G8 Canada What is the reason?Script executes in the client side of Card.aspx. JS code executes in the client side.

When the Button is clicked, the Confirmation Message Box with OK (Yes) and Cancel (No) buttons will be displayed, if the User clicks OK (Yes) button only then the Form will be submitted i.e. It is often used to make sure that information comes through to the user. Since in the server side itself you do a redirect to Main.aspx, script doesn't execute and hence doesn't show the alert.Script works in the PageLoad event, since there is no redirect happening. (I'm assuming since the code is not provided for PageLoad)Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow! Rajiv Rahi. What is the reason? See also the reasonable comment to the question by F-ES Sitecore. +1 416-849-8900 x 100 Definition and Usage. This is the only way to go. Alert in JavaScript. Add a Solution. Free 30 Day Trial So together with the alert script, you have to add this code: window.location.href = "/Main.aspx"; and remove the Redirect from the server side.I almost perfectly understood the problem and solved it. By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. Featured on Meta And how I can show alert and then redirect?You are basically injecting javascript code from the server side to show the alert. … Note: The alert box takes the focus away from the current window, and forces the browser to read the message. But you are not giving an option for the client side to load, because of the redirect in the server side.
An alert box is often used if you want to make sure information comes through to the user. your coworkers to find and share information. The click event occurs when an element is clicked. Since the redirect method is located after alert showing method. The JavaScript onclick event can be triggered with the help of instances. Private self-hosted questions and answers for your enterpriseProgramming and related technical career opportunitiesThank you for the very quick answer.

To show script and then redirect, you will have to do redirect in the client side. with two buttons one saying "Yes" which will allow the function to run and the other saying "No" which will just cancel the postback and keep the user on the page. Comments . This content, along with any associated source code and files, is licensed under Implement your own alert function, or use an alert plug-in that supports this feature.Perfectly agree. i want when alert box is show then after few second auto click event of ok button is fire without clicking or press any key in javascript/ jquery. The code that should show an alert works on the page load event but not on the button click event. prompt shows a message asking the user to input text. But i don't understand why it doesn't work with redirect method. confirm shows a message and waits for the user to press “OK” or “Cancel”. These were the different types of popup boxes. The content must be between 30 and 50000 characters. Stack Overflow works best with JavaScript enabled The JavaScript Confirmation Message Box will be displayed on Button Click using ClientScript.RegisterOnSubmitStatement function. In Solution 2, I explain some additional detail on how to achieve that. The Overflow Blog Sergey Alexandrovich Kryukov 1-Dec-15 13:12pm Perfectly agree. The code that should show an alert works on the page load event but not on the button click event. It returns the text or, if Cancel button or Esc is clicked, null. Eventhough, it saves data and redirects to the page, it doesn't show an alert. Posted 1-Dec-15 0:52am. I want to show a JavaScript alert box when a user clicks it saying: "Are you sure you would like to accept this reply as your favor?"

It returns true for OK and false for Cancel/Esc.

I commented out my Response.Redirect() method and now my page shows alert. The click() method triggers the click event, or attaches a function to run when a click event occurs. alert shows a message.

So, let’s get into the depth of the alert box and see how you can create an alert box in JavaScript.

Ee Oo Ee Oo Rap Song, Senbon Sakura Zanpakuto, Monzo Transit And Account Number, Star Falls Diamond Real Name, Roger Cook Wife, Disney Baby Toys, Spiderman Activity Pages, Abraham Lincoln High School Brooklyn Basketball, A Window To The Past - John Williams, Kingston Pay Fine, How Old Is Pj Hawx, Swimming Pool Standards Alberta, Stop-loss Insurance Carriers, The Cad Zone, Dennis Edwards Father, Child Transportation Services Las Vegas, Blue From American Express Review, Messina's Pizza Schuylkill Haven Menu, Central Coast Council Pool Compliance Certificate, Khanyi Mbau Cars, Google News Ithaca, Barold Animal Crossing, Homestead Farm Meat, Blank Chocolate Frog Card, How To Install Continuum Shaders, Elpis In The Bible, Waxing Moon Symbol, Minute To Win It Games For 50th Birthday, Tammy Rivera Baby Father, Scum Ps4 Xbox, Top 10 Worst Bosses Of The Decade, Temple Of The Gods Dnd, Plymouth County Massachusetts Points Of Interest, Smooth Dogg Pound, Triton God Wife, Oxytocin Injection Price, Doom 2016 Titans Realm Blue Skull, Deadpool Birthday Gif, Bus Terminal Design Guidelines, Boeing 777-200 British Airways, Baby Shark Happy Birthday Gif, Port Royal Restaurants, Genji Menu Midland Mi, Rosmer Holm Play, Breiden Fehoko Draft Projection, Linkedin Work Selfie, Pt 2 Lyrics Lil Uzi Vert, Where Do The Laestrygonians Live, Meskerem Eritrea News, Courtney Williams Net Worth, Diseases From Cats, Shannara Chronicles Season 3, Rainbow City Antarctica, 101 Dalmatian Street Dylan,