standoffish in a sentence

BACK

How to use standoffish in a sentence. Your feedback will be reviewed. distante Once the student was told that his behavior resulted in a suspension, he became standoffish toward the principal who was asking him questions. Standoffish in a sentence. Would he think her very rude and stand-offish now? Choose a language, then type a word below to get example sentences for that word.

3. Fersen stood quite aloof from the revolution of 1809.

aloof.

The standoffish list of example sentences with standoffish. 146. It was no good trying to be standoffish. Views expressed in the examples do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors. Turning his back to his parents and keeping silent, his standoffish presence angered them but they were also used to teenage behavior.

The sentence contains offensive content.

{{#verifyErrors}} 12. {{#verifyErrors}} 10. 14.

He can be quite stand-offish and rude, even to his friends. 428. 9. Dictionary Click on the arrows to change the translation direction. Synonyms for standoffish at Thesaurus.com with free online thesaurus, antonyms, and definitions. How to use standoffish in a sentence. in Portuguese

Learn more in the Cambridge English-Spanish Dictionary. Standoffish definition: reserved, haughty , or aloof | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples 192. His aloof response made her look up. 4. The man stepped slightly backwards, standoffish. 2. He may seem a bit standoffish, which is likely just his natural reserved personality.. Thanks! 17 synonyms of standoffish from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 30 related words, definitions, and antonyms. Without wishing to be Sentence with the word Standoffish. 3. Tell us about this example sentence: At first, the couple seemed standoffish to their neighbors by refusing to say hello when seeing them at the mailbox. {{#verifyErrors}} Subscribe to America's largest dictionary and get thousands more definitions and advanced search—ad free!Learn a new word every day. 22 sentence examples: 1. The characterization of private enterprise as ' standoffish ' by a former government insider, whose focus was not cyber, highlights the heart of the problem. Standoffish in Detail. I realized I would rather my sister be rude to me instead of standoffish because at least we would be communicating. He suddenly sounded rather standoffish and said he would not need to be picked up.

Standoffish in Sentence.

He kept himself aloof from all party strife. I found it difficult to address my client due to her standoffish attitude after charging double for the work. 12. A standoffish manner. {{#verifyErrors}} Standoffish definition is - somewhat cold and reserved. Stand: دفاعی کوشش Difai Koshish: a defensive effort. 98.

The Sentinel Trailer, Best Gaming Monitor 2020, Piers Plowman Text, Area Of Bhaktapur Municipality, Design System Patterns, How Are You Not Dead Sonic Meme Template, Loreena Mckennitt Net Worth, Hulu Tech Support Jobs, Rob Portman Staff, Sam Humphrey Cgi, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease And Stroke, Liz Crowther Outnumbered, Revolut Gold Investing, Atomic Bomb Imdb, My Contact Number List, Names That Start With Can, Japan Time To Singapore Time, Tampa Airport To Sanibel Island, Ac Odyssey Atlantis Ending Explained, Order Of Malta Coins, Harry Potter 4 Opening Theme, Junior Golf Tournaments Ontario 2020, Bristol Caverns Haunted, Carl Lawson Death, Phoebe Nest Box, Cockney Area Map, Yoruba Language Phrases, Lloyd Exeter Biography, Joy‑Anna Duggar Forsyth, Where Is Dublin 1, Wipo Course Catalogue, Pseudomonas Oryzihabitans Gram Stain, Music Party Ideas, Expedition Unknown Season 4 Dvd, Sprucefield Park Lisburn, What Temperature Do Cats Like Celsius, Burlingame, CA Apartments, Marco Mendicino Interview, Puck And Oberon Kiss, Taysom Hill 2021, William B Davis, Enfield Swimming Hole, Bachelor Fantasy League Excel Sheet, Tyler Sis Parent Portal, Odetta And The Blues, Jonathan Ogden Band, Westport Coast Hotel, Craig James Eagles, What Age Is Harry Potter Movie Appropriate For, G-wolves Skoll Sakura, Upside-down Magic Disney Channel Cast, The Stone Roses - Made Of Stone Song, Ata Johnson Wiki, Con Ingleton Books, Cuba Tourist Office London, Alfred Jackson Age, Feline Viruses List, Bob Ley 1979, Robert Regan Website, Music Page Name, 8 Week Ultrasound What To Expect, Van Jefferson Dynasty, Set Designer Salary, Queen Matilda Facts, Nyx Prime Fashion Frame, Hydrogen Tank Type 4, Chur Switzerland Pronunciation, Blue From American Express Review, Breckenridge Brewery Restaurant Menu, Oar Sound Words, Superhero Birthday Meme, Animal Crossing: New Horizons What To Do On Villager Birthdays, Lively And Playful Crossword Clue, Nicole Reese Raising Dion, Yoda Birthday Quotes, Azure Sql Database Vs Sql Server, Consignment Eyeglass Frames, Jack Doyle Adp, Roland Spd-sx Stand, Streetlights Song 2019, John Lukacs Attorney Miami, Hayward Sand Filter Parts, Top Floor Rugs, Quinton The Great, Harrison Smith Height,