Fc Vizela Vs Berco Sc, Hyundai I30 Wheel Nut Torque, Brave New World Chapter 16 Quizlet, Lol Surprise Pets Series 3 Wave 2, Vencer El Desamor - Capitulo 40 Optimovision, Mark Meldrum Cfa Level 3, 99 Alcohol Drink, " /> Fc Vizela Vs Berco Sc, Hyundai I30 Wheel Nut Torque, Brave New World Chapter 16 Quizlet, Lol Surprise Pets Series 3 Wave 2, Vencer El Desamor - Capitulo 40 Optimovision, Mark Meldrum Cfa Level 3, 99 Alcohol Drink, " />

2013 f150 ecoboost shudders when accelerating

BACK

The same goes for dirty oil in your engine. I did discover they had left my valve cover off the entire time it was sitting outside (6 weeks) waiting for parts that were never going to show up anyway. I love my truck (cost a lot of money) but not willing to spend $1000's for repairs as Ford is aware of both issues and will not issue repair. The check engine light goes off for a period of time but always comes back on. They changed all six spark plugs and they performed a software update to the system. I am so grateful that this repair is covered under the initial 3 year warranty. Another sign that it’s the brake caliper is a burning odor when the truck comes to a stop. The first two visits cost me about $500. After leaving I-20 and on the entrance ramp unto I-95 north, I was accelerating to merge into traffic when the transmission shifted into a lower gear, the engine rpm went up, but the vehicle didn't accelerate. ... A clean air filter can reportedly increase acceleration by up to 10 percent. I purchased the truck in Aug, 2014 with only 600 km on her. Like all EcoBoost engines, it uses a combination of turbocharging and direct injection to boost power from a relatively small engine. More expensive on… statistics and reliability analysis of the 2013 Ford F-150, Automatic Transmission Control Module problems. Very low humidity, hot in summer windy cold in winter. I check the plugs they look great and gap at .28. There is no visible signs of bushings or … He had his entire engine rebuilt with a whole new long block installed. The complaints are organized into groups with data published by vehicle, vehicle component, and specific problem. I waited about five minutes and started the truck again, checked my gauges and everything seemed OK. After about ten minutes, the truck did the same thing. 6. Example: "Bad Brakes", "Toyota Recall", etc. For everyone knows the cam is the heart of engine. Well, yesterday I used the auto start before work to warm up the truck. Now my engine light is still on. 4. showing no DTC's(codes), no check engine light it was very discerning trying to find the problem. This is the second time this has occurred. I filled it with gas and it started to shudder and pull to the right, hard. Responding to our story late last week about EcoBoost F150 shudder problems, a source at Ford has told us that a fix has been found and that current EcoBoost F150 owners will be given the opportunity to fix their trucks in early November.. Did not cover under existing warranty. That’s a great place to start. Scary thought to know this has happened to others and Ford hasn't stepped up to the plate. Valves burnt in cylinders 5 and 6, intermittent engine code. We often travel pulling a travel trailer. It is currently at the shop getting replaced with hopes this takes care of the problem, however, after researching online I worry this is going to continue with other ford owners. Front ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. Plus full maintenance history. Went to pass another vehicle, and lost power. At this point my F150 had 45,000 miles (approximately). Here are the most common causes of whining noises when accelerating: 1. I cannot take a chance on towing my camper. its a design flaw. Although rare, a stuck brake caliper can cause a Ford F150 to shudder when accelerating to speeds of 40 to 50 mph, and it may worsen as you get faster. Don't let ford trick you. I have a Ford truck, a 2013. Go to get on the gas and the engine shutter and check engine light comes on. I have had this problem alot. For more information on how we collect and use this information, please review our Privacy Policy. And waited. After calling around - I managed to find a reputable custom shop with some open rack time, that would take over where C.Wimberly Ford's Epic Fail left off. The most recently reported issues are listed below. I mentioned this to the dealer but it now out of warranty. I tried to keep going to get around the car, but lost enough speed that the car ended up (not knowing what I was doing) passing me and I ducked in behind it to avoid the oncoming vehicle that came. At this point I am quite upset. Truck brought to dealer 4/10/2018, courtesy Ford breaux bridge, la. Unsubscribe any time. I was a journeyman mill mechanic 30 years, this type of action looks more like sabotage to me. I am most upset for my truck only has 38000 km on her. Slight Acceleration Shudder Discussion in 'Transmission & Drive train' started by Mediamonkey11, Aug 9, 2013. Front ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. Anyone know who to contact at Ford to get them to pay for the fix? Bad Alternator. I pressed the accelerator more to compensate for the loss of momentum up the hill, when my engine light came on flashing, lost power to my vehicle for about 10 seconds (limp mode) and then promptly returned to normal.I didn't think anything of it. I was going to need all sorts of gaskets replaced. The 2013 Ford F-150 has 37 problems reported for engine shudder and loss of power. I took it back to the Ford dealer and this time they told me it was the MAF sensor. I have had no problems with this truck with the exception of yesterday morning. Bought a 2016 F150 XLT 2.7L V6 EcoBoost in Feb of this year, still under factory warranty at only 30k miles. We use cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & to personalize content and ads. I had a 2011 that did it but my 2015 has not had this issue. A couple of hours after we dropped it off, the service manager calls and tells me there is a huge problem with the valve train, and he recommends a new engine to the tune of $11,000. 5-3-2018 After eating $1800 worth of parts they had ordered for this science project, I had my truck hauled out of the C.Wimberly Ford dealership. A few other instances the speedometer was observed moving rapidly and erratically while on a highway speeds along with a transmission shudder. ... Ford F-150 2013 truck 10000 miles. Traveled to East Tennessee yearly and other humid places for over a week at a time. I no longer feel secure with the Ford F150 Ecoboost. 3. A few weeks later, while pulling a long hill on an interstate hwy, cruising at 70, it lost power, engine light came on. Once back to part store they hooked up cpu to the truck and the O2 sensor was throwing a code as well as the turbo wasnt charging enough. The vibration is present between those speeds if gently acceleration or holding speed. Nothing was ever done as issue at time could not be duplicated. Specifically: All new EcoBoost F150s manufactured after Sept. 18th,2012 have received a redesigned CAC (charged air … Learn more about the 2013 Ford F150. I have a 2013 f150 ecoboost and it keeps bogging on acceleration check the code and it said cylinder fault 4,6 so I replaced all the plugs and those coils. Tried passing a car last weekend with my wife and dog in the truck and as I started passing the car, the engine light came on and the truck lost power and then momentum. In the end, I had BOTH Heads reconditioned for the cost of $865.07. going in for service. ... 2013 Location: Newbury Park, California. I took it to my dealer and they were aware that sometime the turbos collect condensation and shut down on heavy acceleration. No decrease in mpg. California consumers may exercise their CCPA rights here. If it is, get the trouble codes. They instantly complained that parts were not readily available and this would take 10-14 days and that was considered a generous time and parts estimate of $8000. Please also check out the Upon hard acceleration the water will flush through the cooler and into the intake causing the issues that you are seeing. I have 2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost, bought it 2013 with 34,000 miles on it. Thanks guys. It will help prevent the occurrence (if put on early), or reoccurence if you've experienced the shudder/misfire on acceleration and had it fixed. In the most severe of cases, the truck will actually go into "limp mode" causing the engine to lose all power. It does not do it in reverse. So look for an update here in the near future about this vehicle once I find out what's really wrong with it, and have it corrected - and I'll even reveal the shop I took it to. statistics and reliability analysis of the 2013 Ford F-150 based on all problems reported for the 2013 F-150. Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the. I love this truck, but I hate the engine. Edge Ecoboost Tuner. I tried her one more time. nor can i rev the engine at all past 1800 rpm. are trademarks of Autobeef LLC, All rights reserved. Was able to restart truck and limp to Ford dealer where they replaced the throttle body. Mount Pleasant Mills, PA, US. NO FORUM HOMEPAGES. About six hours later I received a phone call stating that the engine timing belt had stretched, causing the timing to go out of sync in the engine. The service manager only became nice, when I pulled out my Midland video recorder, and communicated I wanted all my parts "undamaged". I am going to bring my truck to my friend and see if he can find anything wrong with it. The steering wheel may also shake, especially when braking. They know what the problem is. The shudder happens straight line or turning, soft or hard acceleration. Misfires will flash the check engine light while they are happening and the feeling can be described as a power loss, cutting out or even a rev limiter type feeling.If the misfire is happening randomly it may cause a check engine light to stay on and display the code P0300.If the misfire is specific to a cylinder, it may display a … Took my truck out on the road and got on the gas hard to make light come on. Ford is telling me I need to replace all sorts of things (long block and turbos) to the tune of $11,000! These are called Diagnostic Trouble Codes, or DTCs for short. Whenever something electronic malfunctions in your F-150 or F-250, the truck registers a code in its computer so that service technicians have a shortcut towards figuring out the problem. 1 0. My instructions were "Rebuild the top end" since they found what I was lead to believe was a "part gone bad". Somehow, this also wrecked the camshaft actuators causing more down time. Very dangerous in traffic- managed to get to the side of the road without an accident by pure luck. Whether it's a recall or an extended warranty, Ford should have given it's customers something to fix the throttle body issue, especially when the symptoms involve something as dangerous as a sudden loss of power and speed. There are a lot of reasons why your F150 may shake when idle. So I climbed into the truck, went to start her and she proceeded to start, rattled and then quit. I coasted to the shoulder and turned the vehicle off (hoping it was an electrical issue). Ford's PCV system isn't the most effective at preventing blow-by, which leads to a fairly large amount of oil getting into the intake tract of a lot of EcoBoost-equipped vehicles. My 2013 SEL ecoboost shudders when under load such as going up even a slight grade. went thru hell trying to figure out why on rapid acceleration engine would roar and truck would not accelerate until rpm's reached 4,000+ then lurches forward and settles down. Link must be about this specific problem or it will be deleted — it must be free & helpful, like a video or web page or forum thread about this exact problem. This proceeded to happen about 10+ on my 25 min drive. Since sales are in the commode - Fords new corporate mandate - "Anyone on our property, who isn't spending $50,000 on a new vehicle, will spend $10,000 in our garage"! "CarComplaints.com" ®, "Autobeef", "What's Wrong With YOUR Car?" Please also check out the statistics and reliability analysis of the 2013 Ford F-150 based on all problems reported for the 2013 F-150. Found a ride to work (was 1 hr late) and waited to find out what happened to the truck. This issue seems to be … - William W., This article applies to the Ford F-150 (2004-2014). At around 65mph a barely audible low-pitch "thrumthrumthrum" pulsing sound starts. Ask your Ford dealer. And I thought that was odd because usually for the most part, the auto start has been working great. Two problems related to transmission shudder have been reported for the 2013 Ford F-150. IT SEEMS FORD'S RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM IS THE CONSUMERS. I will check back when I've received my truck back from the dealership. Problem=coolant leaked into cylinder chamber. The dealership is going to need a few days with the truck to fix her for they did not have all the parts. Ford attempted to sell me 1 - $8000 new head to solve the problem, I opted to put my journeymans card to work and correct the problem myself. All symptoms seem to get slightly worse if the highway is curving to the right. The O2 can really cause misfires and shutters. Its an ecoboost design flaw. I am quite wary of this truck now. I was driving up a steep country road. Occasionally when I would do the auto start on her to warm her up I would hear some start noises coming from the engine but really thought nothing of it thinking she was cold and just needed to get that oil warm. The next morning engine light was steadily on with an engine code p0302 (cylinder 2 misfire) . I took it in to my local shop, who I must say are some really good guys, and was informed I needed a new Electronic Throttle Body at $500 to fix the issue. We don't sell/share your email. I had to learn to not accelerate so hard and to provide ample room when merging onto the highway. I had to pull over as we lost all power and could not proceed. A week or two later, the same problem happened again, but I opted not to take back to the dealer. I have taken it to Ford 4times but because it has no check engine light on they look at me like if I'm crazy. Ford still has not taken responsibility for this ongoing, dangerous problem. This is the action of either a "Novice" mechanic, unworthy of the position, or a service manager with a pout on. The electronic Throttle Body (ETB) caused the truck to lose power and go into "Limp Home" mode. This thing has been babied since the day I took delivery. (Page 1 of 2) problem with shuddering and loss of power on passing acceleration. Get 2013 Ford F150 values, consumer reviews, safety ratings, and find cars for sale near you. If this would have happened on the freeway, things could have been really bad. Started the truck back up and it started back up and ran just fine on the way home. A week later during a hard acceleration, the engine shuddered, the check engine light started to flash and the truck went into a limp mode. It started a few years back when I was entering the highway, I needed to step on the gas to merge into heavy traffics and all of a sudden the engine started shuttering and the engine light came on. ©2020, CarProblemZoo.com All rights reserved. I then called the dealership and let them know what happened. I had to brake and pull of to the shoulder to allow traffic to pass. I am tired of dealing with this problem and don’t dare drive it until I can get it into a dealer. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME: This was the second time my truck lost power and went into limp mode. A whining sound when accelerating is almost always caused by a bad accessory attached to your F150’s engine. The check engine light come on while its happen but shuts off when the power come back. Ford needs to step up and present a solution to this wide spread problem. How to fix it: I'm also experiencing a heavy rattling noise during initial daily start up coming from the timing chain. Then on Saturday, 8am, I drove the truck for about 5 minutes and the acceleration stopped and the check engine light came on as the truck slowed to a stop. An OBD scanner can connect to your truck and report the codes to you on a screen. We were experiencing heavy rains on I-20 west of charleston SC. It starts when gently accelerating beyond 50mph and fades away at around 80mph. I asked the Service Rep why this would happen on a truck with such low km's on her and he proceeded to say "faulty part" I am not happy about this answer and who knows if I am getting another "faulty" part once again. I stopped and restarted and it cleared up. will post the results. More recently the transmission performed a significant hard down shift I never experienced before and was not expecting. A little pricey, yes, but compared to the cost of an engine or even the appearance upgrades many buy, $350 or so is peanuts. Now it still does it even worse but now says cylinder 5 I really don’t want to take it to ford so if you can help me with some ideas I’d greatly appreciate it. I took the truck to the dealership immediately, and they did a diagnoses (drove the truck for 17 miles) and couldn't find anything wrong with it. Ford F150 Whining Noise When Accelerating. I also called the Road Side assistance to set up a tow to the dealership where I purchased my truck. So at this point I am quite alarmed for I have never had this problem before. If you have a for-profit service, contact us. All issues were observed beginning January 2018. if your truck’s engine oil is too dirty it can make the engine work harder, which will reduce the available horsepower. It's a ford problem they know about. 2011 Ford F-150 4 x4 constant shaking comes and goes why? Two problems related to transmission shudder have been reported for the 2013 Ford F-150. I didn't think anything of it. Took it to check what codes were coming up with the check engine light but it has to be on. Over time, the blow-by pools in the intercooler and can enter the cylinders when you jam the throttle, which is the principle cause of the infamous "shuddering" issues that plague Ford's EcoBoost vehicles. By the way, this is the fourth time this problem has happened with my F150. Ford F150 Ecoboost Performance Parts and Tuning. I was driving down the highway on my way to work. The most recently reported issues are listed below. Over the past two weeks or so, when I turned my truck on, it made a strange noise when starting. Its getting fixed soon so hopefully I can let you all know. When you lift off the accelerator or depress it futher, shudder stops. Update from Jun 5, 2018: This has happened two additional times since then. Driving home in a residential area the wrench light came on and I lost power and could feel the engine running very rough. Ford f150 ecoboost 2013 13,000 mile the engine shakes and a lost of power when passing. Update from Sep 3, 2018: While Ford tried to sell me a new engine for $11,000 - The Root Cause of my engine problems was 3 out of the 4 valves on the #7 Cylinder were bad from the factory. Before you go trying to figure out which one is causing your F150 to feel like it’s on spin cycle, make sure that the check engine light isn’t on. The first time was just accelerating and it happened, but the light went away after I shut the truck down and restarted. The 2013 Ford F-150 has 3 problems reported for started to shudder when under a load. This is my 5th Ford but maybe time to move on. Ford F-150 2011 F-150 Ecoboost 90038 miles. When an alternator is going bad, it’ll often begin to put out a high pitched whining sound. Then the problem happend again. This is an effective catch can for any Ecoboost owner. gradually getting worse and worse. The one that was mentioned that scared me the most was the cam gasket. My truck cannot go over 80km/hr with this happening. They asked me if I wanted to let them try again to see what the problem was. There are two ways to access the codes. If you continue to use this site, you consent to this use of cookies. Truck had 55,000 miles at the time. This is actually the second time it happened now. Getting diagnostics done at ford on monday. So we waited, and waited. Please help me. 2013 f150 ecoboost sputtering UPDATE Posted by foj1981 on 4/27/19 at 1:38 pm. 5 plus instances of noticeable gear shift shuddering during both up and downshifting at random times while at cruising speeds above 25+ mph. The 3.5-liter EcoBoost V-6 is in roughly 40% of F-150 pickups. CarComplaints.com : Car complaints, car problems and … State: Maryland #50 Dexter W says: August 31st, 2019 at 9:50 am. 2007 F150 5.4L 3v. I was told that the cost for this repair is going to be thousands of dollars. Whats scary was, this happened to my friends ecoboost engine exactly. 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 - Ecoboost sputtering and bogging. I had the oil just changed a month ago at the dealership. ... filter, valve cover gaskets, spark plugs, wires and fuel filter. When coming to a stop, the truck made a shuddering noise and the whole truck shook. I have replaced all plugs and coil packs which helped alot at first. The first time it happened I took it to the Ford dealer and they said the #1 cylinder misfired and it was due to the spark plugs. I turned the truck off quickly, checked the oil, etc.. I thought that this issue had been corrected by 2013. This problem occurred while I was pulling a travel trailer creating a very dangerous situation. Cooper Tire Recall Issued Over Sidewall Separations, read stories from drivers who praise our work. 5. So take your truck and get on the gas to force it on and then take it back. Idles and starts fine. New … The truck is back on the road, and runs better than it did when it was purchased new in 2013. Ford F150 Shaking When Idling Diagnosis. Going into to get it checked but want people to know that this could be life endangerment! Only 37K on the truck and it's trying to kill me and my family. 2. The low oil light came on, and then she died. I was living in the panhandle of TX. Of course, I wanted to avoid high "labor" costs (85/hr to take my truck around the block), so I refused. Ford wouldn’t help, even with third party warranty. Enough is enough! So far, new plugs and coils. Many Ford F-150 pickups with EcoBoost have a condition where the vehicle shudders or stalls during normal use. - So I have a problem for the pass week or so some thing when I get on it like wot the boost hit strong but the truck hesitates through higher RPMs. WE REPORT THE PROBLEMS BUT THE END RESULT IS IT COMES OUT OF OUR POCKET TO DO THE FIXES! Average repair cost is $1,770 at 55,000 miles. Really has me upset to have problems with only 80,000 miles! When I got outside, I did notice that the truck was not running. It's hard to believe that with so many complaints and similar problems over mulitple models AND years, that Ford hasn't even presented a single remedy for their issue. Average failure mileage is 24,700 miles. I havent got the 2 things fixed yet but hoping they will fix the problem. This problem may be covered under warranty. I was on my way to work. No word from anyone when this repair would be finished. During a "hard" acceleration, the engine shudders, the check engine light starts to flash and the truck goes into a "limp mode" for about 30 to 40 seconds. I have never in my life heard of a repair costing ELEVEN THOUSAND dollars!! If you want them to hook up the cpu but the check engine light is off it wont show anything. Again I thought this was just a random one time event. The check engine light came on and it felt like the transmission was shaking, after a mile everything was normal. Hit about 1800rpm in 6th gear when my engine light started flashing, trick went into limp mode and starting shaking like crazy, as if i were offroading.

Fc Vizela Vs Berco Sc, Hyundai I30 Wheel Nut Torque, Brave New World Chapter 16 Quizlet, Lol Surprise Pets Series 3 Wave 2, Vencer El Desamor - Capitulo 40 Optimovision, Mark Meldrum Cfa Level 3, 99 Alcohol Drink,