Design > Propulsion > Sterndrives > Oil leak from alpha 1 driveshaft. Jul 14, 2015 #4. It excels with gear rotations between 1.47:1 and 2.40:1 and works with propellers up to 15 inches wide. Just puchased a 2000 bayliner with the merc 4.3 w/ Alpha One leg. Jul 19, 2015 #5. roger2015 Member. I'm using about the whole reservoir (appox 2 cups) in about 6 hours running. One on the shift shaft and one beneath the water pump housing. Feel free to post if you need any help. there is a seal in the upper unit of the drive that may be leaking, and two seals in the lower unit that may be leaking. During services I routinely find pickup differentials with white milky oil in them. No special tools needed to remove the gen I alpha. Buy a genuine Mercury Quicksilver or aftermarket part. Afterwards I had the outdrive trimmed full up and noticed a spot of oil on the ground. Bravo One Models: Remove the propeller, lower the sterndrive unit to the full down/ in position, remove the oil fill/drain screw and sealing washer and drain the oil. Page 76 IMPORTANT: If any water drained from the oil fill/drain hole, or if the oil appears milky, the sterndrive unit is leaking and should be checked immediately by your authorized Mercury MerCruiser dealer. I heard a alarm buzzer last year and found the resoivor low and added more twice. BonesNTX. They replaced all of the seals, replaced impeller/water pump, and inspected the bellows for $542. $49.99 $ 49. The lower unit does have to be removed. I have been getting about a half a cup of water in the foot after about every 4 hours of operation. After running the boat for a few weekends I noticed that the gear oil was leaking out... Log in or Sign up. … Alpha 1 drive unit. Thread starter Huzzaj; Start date Aug 15, 2015; Huzzaj Recruit. FREE Shipping. Alpha one outdrive. How To Make Old English Cheese, Probiotics For Uti Yakult, Vim Python Support, Stars Of Death Compilation, Que Sepan Todos, Porque Mi Perro Le Hace Como Si Se Ahogara, Epiphone Explorer Prophecy, Rodney Sacks Salary, " /> Design > Propulsion > Sterndrives > Oil leak from alpha 1 driveshaft. Jul 14, 2015 #4. It excels with gear rotations between 1.47:1 and 2.40:1 and works with propellers up to 15 inches wide. Just puchased a 2000 bayliner with the merc 4.3 w/ Alpha One leg. Jul 19, 2015 #5. roger2015 Member. I'm using about the whole reservoir (appox 2 cups) in about 6 hours running. One on the shift shaft and one beneath the water pump housing. Feel free to post if you need any help. there is a seal in the upper unit of the drive that may be leaking, and two seals in the lower unit that may be leaking. During services I routinely find pickup differentials with white milky oil in them. No special tools needed to remove the gen I alpha. Buy a genuine Mercury Quicksilver or aftermarket part. Afterwards I had the outdrive trimmed full up and noticed a spot of oil on the ground. Bravo One Models: Remove the propeller, lower the sterndrive unit to the full down/ in position, remove the oil fill/drain screw and sealing washer and drain the oil. Page 76 IMPORTANT: If any water drained from the oil fill/drain hole, or if the oil appears milky, the sterndrive unit is leaking and should be checked immediately by your authorized Mercury MerCruiser dealer. I heard a alarm buzzer last year and found the resoivor low and added more twice. BonesNTX. They replaced all of the seals, replaced impeller/water pump, and inspected the bellows for $542. $49.99 $ 49. The lower unit does have to be removed. I have been getting about a half a cup of water in the foot after about every 4 hours of operation. After running the boat for a few weekends I noticed that the gear oil was leaking out... Log in or Sign up. … Alpha 1 drive unit. Thread starter Huzzaj; Start date Aug 15, 2015; Huzzaj Recruit. FREE Shipping. Alpha one outdrive. How To Make Old English Cheese, Probiotics For Uti Yakult, Vim Python Support, Stars Of Death Compilation, Que Sepan Todos, Porque Mi Perro Le Hace Como Si Se Ahogara, Epiphone Explorer Prophecy, Rodney Sacks Salary, " />

alpha one leaking oil

BACK

Joined Sep 13, 2007 Messages 104,213 Reaction score 85,110. Both the Alpha One “MR” and Alpha One Generation II are easy for owners to service with a few basic mechanical tools and a little effort. Proper oil level and quality insures that the lower end transmission gears and shafts have enough lubrication to spin freely and smoothly, with no friction. Lower unit gear case oil also provides a cooling effect so the components do not overheat. More Buying Choices $26.44 (3 new offers) Poseidon Marine Gearcase Seal kit for Mercruiser Alpha One Gen 2 RO: 26-816575A3. Re: Alpha one outdrive oil? Strong. The lower unit was filled with gear oil all winter, i drained it a couple days ago after i noticed oil leaking out of raw water intake port to see if i had water intrusion (there was no water) It only leaked when i had the boat sitting on a 45º hill while i spreaded gravel. 4) I checked the ATF for the Trim Motor and it was just under "Minimum". 99. That's OK. That's the stinky gross gooey smelly drive oil that loves to get in your hair and clothes. Get it as soon as Tue, Feb 2. My alpha one gen 2 has a slight drive oil leak from somewhere. He recommends just capping line off and not using the reseivour. Newman New Member. (unless they are thin and back to back and appear as one) The diagram doesn't depict them as thin though. Allows oil to leak out of the drive into the waterpump area. 99. It not leaking out the drive and i cant see any oil in the bilge. Joined Aug 15, 2015 Messages 3. Here are some more pics, I found a spot on one side that looks like the same oil leaking down the trim ram and then down the outdrive to the bottom fin and down my driveway. 10 to 12oz indicates a leak somewhere & if your not seeing it externally, pull the drive again & see if there isn't oil in the u-joint bellows. Last edited: Jul 14, 2015. FREE Shipping by Amazon. Only 11 left in stock - order soon. As for the oil leak. Provided you filled it in the conventional way from the bottom until it bled out the top vent, then went ahead & topped off the tank, you shouldn't have lost much more than a few ounces after the first run and any air had a chance to purge. The lower unit gear case oil on the Mercruiser Alpha One outdrive serves a very important function. lightspeed. Jun 20, 2013 Ohio 1986 Seville Mercruiser 170. Oil leaking from lower unit alpha one gen one. See the pump now? I have a 96 maria shaba 4.3 alpha one and I have isolated this leak to the top side.I find the gear oil in my bilge I leaks more when the foot is in up position..I cleaned the bilge out very clean with dish soap and water till all oil was gone. MERCRUISER ALPHA ONE GEN II UPPER BOX GEARCASE SEAL KIT | GLM Part Number: 87501; Sierra Part Number: 18-2644; Mercury Part Number: 26-88397A1. Probably a good idea to pressure test at this point. I've rebuilt quite a few Alpha 1's and can give alot of advice. No special tools for a Alpha I Gen II, not sure about an older Alpha. $60.99 $ 60. After I bought the boat and trimmed the drive down, gear oil gushed out. Alpha One drive oil leak? 3) I checked the Engine Oil and that was at the "Full" line. Water can leak in other areas as well. 3. Versatile. Thanks. Mercruiser’s Alpha One outdrives have been around for over 25 years and have a proven history of being reliable when they are well maintained. Anyone have ideas what will cause this? Mercruiser alpha I Gen II oil leak I have a 1996 bayliner 2452 ciera, just replaced the shift shaft seal put it back together started and ran for 15 minutes no sign of leaking. I have been changing the foot oil after every use (4hours) so as to keep things from going poop until I could put it in the shop. 4.8 out of 5 stars 10. Holy shit that thing is leaking pretty good.. Reliable. 370. The small seal on the shift rod is usually the one that starts to leak. He said older boats use to not have a reseivoir? Oil carrier seal (cone shaped thing under water pump). Discussion in 'Sterndrives' started by eman, Jun 2, 2007. oil leak from shift shaft on Alpha One New Topic | New Poll | Reply to Topic | Author: Topic : tfret RO# 26185: Posted - Oct 07 2007 : 20:12:04 . Quadseal where the oil runs between the upper/lower drive halfs - looks like an oval shaped grommet with fins on it. I drained all the oil out of the outdrive for winterization but haven't refilled it yet. Alpha One Bellows Alpha Gen II Bellows Bravo Bellows If you have water leaking into the boat, be glad you noticed it! Piper Alpha is an offshore oil and gas platform that suffered an explosion in July 1988, in one of the worst oil disasters in the history of the UK. 08-30-2007, 12:21 PM. I can only see one rubber seal though. I'm not familiar with Alpha drives much at all and I had a friend just buy a used SeaRay with an Alpha and the dealership that sold the boat to him just finished winterizing the boat. They were dry and clean! View Full Version : 1998 MErCruiser Alpha One Using Oil. Oct 30, 2012 #8 RiverDave In it to win it. 2) I checked the Gear Lube Oil Reservoir for the outdrive and that was at the "Full" line. You may notice a little drive oil leaking around. Features like an integrated water pump and permanently lubricated pivot points let you spend less time on maintenance and more time boating. More common with people who launch boats on a regular basis. Spread the mounting fingers wider and use longer bolts to bolt the upper to the fingers. 08-30-2007, 03:01 PM. 1) The leak appears to be coming from the water intake holes in the lower portion of the outdrive. Water is were it shouldn't be and this will eventually ruin the gimbal and sterndrive unit. The drive is compatible with a variety of engines, up to 300 hp. I took it to a dealer to have the work done. I just got this boat from the original owner and I don't know squat about MerCruisers. Easy for this one to get out of place or lost when the drive halves are separated. My mechanic first thought it was the line, then he said it was a plastic piece that is broken and the engine might need to be pulled to get at it. $32.99 $ 32. Another thing that has me puzzled, if those seals are leaking why didn't the oil follow the lower driveshaft down and coat the top of the impeller housing? I have read about pressure testing, and all the different seals but it seems too hard for someone like myself. BoCID Replacement for Mercruiser Alpha One Bravo One Drive Spanner & Bearing Carrier Tools,Bravo One U-Joint Retainer Wrench OE# 91-61069 for 4 3/8" Retainer Nut Boat/Marine Drive Bearing Retainer. Available for single and twin engine applications, the Alpha One’s efficient hydrodynamic profile produces very little drag, which means better boat performance and fuel economy. 5.0 out of 5 stars 1. I find lots of pulled off or broken vent hoses, lets the water in when launching. After he took the boat home and lowered the drive, he noticed that the drive is "leaking" oil. The Mercruiser Alpha One stern drive interfaces with the boat's engine to help run the boat. Actually automotive 80w90 blends with water just fine. The drive should be immediatly removed as to stop any more damage and repair the leak. An engine stand also works wonders for holding the drive. It seems to leak out into the lake behind the boat when we are swimming as you can see the oil on the water. The Alpha One and "R" pumps have a plastic upper housing and the Gen 2 drives have a Stainless housing. Boat Design Net. But it is difintly losing drive oil about a pint for every 4 hours of use. 92. REPLACEMENTKITS.COM - Mercruiser Alpha One Shift Shaft Bushing Tool Replaces 91-31107T 90140 … My understanding (from calling around initially), the seal job is normally $300-$500. Remove the housing nuts and/or screws and lift the housing off the shaft. have a 1997 Bayliner 2050 with a alpha 1 outdrive it is losing drive oil. But cant find a leak all the bellows and carrier bearing replace 2 years ago. The procedure is drain flush and refill. I let set over night with drip pan under lower unit, next day about a teaspoon of oil in pan. An oil firm has been fined more than £1m - one of the biggest ever fines in a case of its type - over a North Sea gas leak. MerCruiser alpha one (gen.ii) 1998 and up oil reservoir components parts. 5.0 out of 5 stars 9. I have a 2001 5.0 with the Alpha One. Home Boat Design Forums > Design > Propulsion > Sterndrives > Oil leak from alpha 1 driveshaft. Jul 14, 2015 #4. It excels with gear rotations between 1.47:1 and 2.40:1 and works with propellers up to 15 inches wide. Just puchased a 2000 bayliner with the merc 4.3 w/ Alpha One leg. Jul 19, 2015 #5. roger2015 Member. I'm using about the whole reservoir (appox 2 cups) in about 6 hours running. One on the shift shaft and one beneath the water pump housing. Feel free to post if you need any help. there is a seal in the upper unit of the drive that may be leaking, and two seals in the lower unit that may be leaking. During services I routinely find pickup differentials with white milky oil in them. No special tools needed to remove the gen I alpha. Buy a genuine Mercury Quicksilver or aftermarket part. Afterwards I had the outdrive trimmed full up and noticed a spot of oil on the ground. Bravo One Models: Remove the propeller, lower the sterndrive unit to the full down/ in position, remove the oil fill/drain screw and sealing washer and drain the oil. Page 76 IMPORTANT: If any water drained from the oil fill/drain hole, or if the oil appears milky, the sterndrive unit is leaking and should be checked immediately by your authorized Mercury MerCruiser dealer. I heard a alarm buzzer last year and found the resoivor low and added more twice. BonesNTX. They replaced all of the seals, replaced impeller/water pump, and inspected the bellows for $542. $49.99 $ 49. The lower unit does have to be removed. I have been getting about a half a cup of water in the foot after about every 4 hours of operation. After running the boat for a few weekends I noticed that the gear oil was leaking out... Log in or Sign up. … Alpha 1 drive unit. Thread starter Huzzaj; Start date Aug 15, 2015; Huzzaj Recruit. FREE Shipping. Alpha one outdrive.

How To Make Old English Cheese, Probiotics For Uti Yakult, Vim Python Support, Stars Of Death Compilation, Que Sepan Todos, Porque Mi Perro Le Hace Como Si Se Ahogara, Epiphone Explorer Prophecy, Rodney Sacks Salary,