), This book is very similar to another one of her books, The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands. Now, in The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands, Dr. Laura shows you—with real-life examples and real-life solutions—how to wield that power to attain all the sexual pleasure, intimacy, love, joy, and peace you want in your life. Iracing 49'' Ultrawide, Traktor S4 Mk1, Cva Accura V2 Lr 45 Cal Muzzleloader, Eucalyptus Farm Coupon, 2000 Bayliner 2855 Ciera Weight, 2020 Yz250fx Changes, Rock Band 2 Dongle - Wii, Shield Nickel Grading, Vulcan Welder Reviews, When He Talks About Marriage, " /> ), This book is very similar to another one of her books, The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands. Now, in The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands, Dr. Laura shows you—with real-life examples and real-life solutions—how to wield that power to attain all the sexual pleasure, intimacy, love, joy, and peace you want in your life. Iracing 49'' Ultrawide, Traktor S4 Mk1, Cva Accura V2 Lr 45 Cal Muzzleloader, Eucalyptus Farm Coupon, 2000 Bayliner 2855 Ciera Weight, 2020 Yz250fx Changes, Rock Band 2 Dongle - Wii, Shield Nickel Grading, Vulcan Welder Reviews, When He Talks About Marriage, " />

proper care and feeding of marriage summary

BACK

If you want love and respect then you give love and respect. These two books remind me what I should be doing to be happy in my relationship whenever I get a bit stuck in a rut. © BookBrowse LLC 1997-2021. Reading it for my book club this month, I went into it skeptical that it could apply to me (not feeling like i needed much counseling on my marriage, only being married a year and a half) but it was amazing how much i learned from the key concepts that Dr. Laura uses to achieve the perfect marriage. Overview. Her recognition and appreciation of God's role in strengthening marriage was refreshing; she acknowledged it often in appropriate contexts without being preachy. Proper care and feeding of marriage pdf - The Proper Care and Feeding of HusbandsDr. Try it for yourself! “Treat your spouse as if you loved them with your last breath—no matter how contrary to that you might feel at any one moment. All rights reserved. While I agree with traditional views of male and female roles, I DO have a job outside the home - in an ideal world I would work 2/3 days away and be a homemaker for the remainder of the week, but we're not there yet - and it would be nice to have had a few pages in the book dedicated to us "working women" and how to balance home chores, after school activities and dinner/bath/book/bed routines after both parents have had a long day. Her second goal is to shine a light on selfishness, which "has become accepted in our society" and … Subscribe to receive some of our best reviews, "beyond the book" articles, book club info, and giveaways by email. Following up on the popularity of her book The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands (2003), Schlessinger states that her goal here is to reintroduce readers to the meaning of femininity and masculinity and how an understanding of sex roles can benefit marriage partners. Don't keep score. It can be a slap in the face but also one that might do some good. I know Dr Laura can be pretty polarizing, but I enjoy listening to her program. This book is must read for all women and men too! I’ve never read one of her books though, and decided to pick this up when I came across it at the library. But it is the same concept as the "golden rule". First and foremost, men and women need to understand and appreciate the uniqueness of masculinity and femininity. She came. Everyone likes being appreciated and I think expressing appreciation is an important part for a balanced and loving relationship. Take responsibility for the things you do wrong. Of course you do because that’s called being a good person. In addition to reading it, my husband and I have enjoyed talking about the book together and applying her advise to our marriage. I have such a greater understanding of the inherent needs of men and women and feel like i have been offered great tools to maximize the happiness in my life! Dr. Laura asserts that in order to produce and sustain a wonderfully satisfying marriage, spouses must recognize and appreciate the polarity between masculine and feminine. I really liked these examples. Search String: Summary | She came down a bit heavy and broadly on the Women's Liberation movement but usually accurately called out negative aspects while also noting the importance and positive outcomes of true equality. $39 for a year. That's why this book is good to own - you will want to refer back to it often. Excerpt: Talk show host Dr. Laura Schlessinger has written a book that is improving thousands of marriages: The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands. This was SUCH a good book, I highly recommend it to anyone and everyone- even those who are not married. I always learn something, even if it's the opposite of what I believe. This book gives some practical advice for maintaining a positive marriage and home atmosphere. I’m so thankful for my man. She has very traditional opinions and counsels as such. The Proper Care and Feeding of Marriage (Large Print) : Schlessinger, Laura : HARPERCOLLThe follow-up to her million-copy bestseller The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands, Dr. Laura focuses on both partners in the relationship and reveals how to bring marriage back from the brink of disaster Jumping off her million-copy bestseller The Proper Care and Feeding … Almost every page included a call or email from one of her listeners. The Proper Care and Feeding of Marriage 87 • “After I said my vows on my wedding day I felt even more committed and bound to my husband, even though we had dated monogamously and felt committed for a long courtship.” • “That marriage didn’t solve all of my problems and it didn’t make me feel complete. I really liked these examples. I have to be honest, I absolutely hated this book! What kinds of men does dr. Laura's strategy fail on? Your relationship will definitely improve after reading t. This book is must read for all women and men too! What do you do when traditional roles don't make you happy? BookBrowse seeks out and recommends the best in contemporary fiction and nonfiction—books that not only engage and entertain but also deepen our understanding of ourselves and the world around us. And I’m thankful for people like doctor Laura who say things that aren’t in line with popular culture. I believe the woman sets the tone for the relationship (if he’s a normal without addiction and abusive behaviors) with regular guys. I don't agree 100% of the time with all the examples, stories, and advice, but, for me, there were so many good reminders in her book of ways I can improve. I will definitely read it again. Summary Book Summary In the follow up to The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands , Dr. Laura now focuses on how men and women need to understand and appreciate the uniqueness of masculinity and femininity; what the best ways to relate, caretake, and nurture each other are; and how to bring a marriage back from the brink of disaster. Hence the five star rating- I am very selective with those. Dr. Laura's simple principles have changed the lives of millions. Visitors can view some of BookBrowse for free. Men are quite simple. Do you express appreciation that someone went to such effort for you? Hence the five star rating- I am very selective with those. Now, in The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands, Dr. Laura shows you—with real-life examples and real-life solutions—how to wield that power to attain all the sexual pleasure, intimacy, love, joy, and peace you want in your life. The Proper Care & Feeding of Husbands (2003) details how wives can improve their marriages and encourage better behavior from their husbands by first addressing the toxic habits women tend to introduce into a relationship. Listen up, because our colleagues here at Goodreads have some excellent audiobook recommendations for you! I try to overlook the stuff that rubs me the wrong way, and focus on what she says that challenges me to be a better wife. The Proper Care and Feeding of Marriage by Laura Schlessinger, January 2, 2007, HarperCollins edition, in English There are also gender differences. Start by marking “The Proper Care and Feeding of Marriage” as Want to Read: Error rating book. So, with that said, from time to time it is good for me to get a fast refresher in caring for my marriage. I get that Dr. Laura is not everyone’s cup of tea. Change them - no excuses, no exceptions. The follow-up to her million-copy bestseller The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands, Dr. Laura focuses on both partners in the relationship and reveals how to bring marriage back from the brink of disaster. Now they can change yours. This book has helped me to change and will hopefully continue to help me change for the better. Treat your spouse like they are important to you. Overall, I would recommend it to others. I don’t feel she’s right about everything, but she does have lots of experience to share and. - ‎The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands on Apple Books It was a great book for helping us communicate better and grow closer as husband and wife. However, I would have liked to see some other advice for roles that are reversed (i.e. Refresh and try again. I read proper care and feeding of husbands back in 2003 or 2004. I liked her firm focus on fundamentals for good relationships and marriage, some of which are very out of vogue today including personal responsibility, forgiveness, service, selfless love, and commitment. For those of you who have seen "Fireproof," (a highly recommended movie) Dr. Laura uses the same sort of theme in all of her books. 350,000 first … Dr. Laura finds it interesting how many women desire to be in love, get married, and live happily happily after. And although a lot of the book is focused on saving marriages, the majority of that counsel really could apply to preventing any relationship problems in the first place. "Though this latest guide will confirm Dr. Laura's retrograde views for many, devotees will continue to look to her for answers." If you want love and respect then you give love and respect. Although my views conflict considerably with hers, I do appreciate her "common sense" approach to relationships. This book will make a woman feel like if she’s not on her “A” game all the time she’s about to drive her man straight out the front door. I can see where she might be offensive to some & turn people off with her tone but if you can read this with an open mind and honest view of yourself and the part you play as a spouse, there are lots of bits of good advice in there. 324 reviews. The follow-up to her million-copy bestseller The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands, Dr. Laura focuses on both partners in the relationship and reveals how to bring marriage back from the brink of disaster The Proper Care and Feeding of Marriage Summary. I'm amazed at how many things she says fall right in line with The Proclamation on the Family. With that said, I am always entertained, even when she is screaming at folks. I listened on audio and was inspired to put in a bit more effort than normal. I had to make myself finish it so I could give a complete review, and after having finished it, not only would I not recommend it, I would strongly encourage people to not ever read it. I listen to Dr. Laura quite frequently on Sirius XM satellite radio. It doesn’t work that way. Some women will look at this book as demeaning and one sided in favor of men. Now they can change yours. I think everyone has issues in their marriage even if they don't broadcast them. Your relationship will definitely improve after reading this book and putting it into action. Be considerate. This could change your marriage! I really enjoyed it, and I would like to own it. I've heard of Dr Laura before but didn't know much about her or her style of counseling before listening to this audiobook. And guess what? First and foremost, men and women need to understand and appreciate the uniqueness of masculinity and femininity. The book contains a basic message of being loving and patient with your spouse, which is good, but none of the specifics are very useful. This book and other Dr. Laura books should be a must read for all married and engaged people. I think i. I read proper care and feeding of husbands back in 2003 or 2004. I’ve been happily married to a traditional, strong family-values kind of man for over 25 years. Dr. Laura Schlessinger reveals how to bring a marriage back from the brink of disaster. I found this book very blunt and to the point which was refreshing and also off-putting at times. Amazingly enough, those small changes that YOU make end up positively affecting your husband and the whole relationship. It is forbidden to copy anything for publication elsewhere without written permission from the copyright holder. I find this book oversimplified and shallow. Treat your spouse like they are important to you. 2007-01-02. I’ve been happily married to a traditional, strong family-values kind of man for over 25 years. Click here and be the first to review this book! I think every woman should read this. We’d love your help. But it is the same concept as the "golden rule". Let us know what’s wrong with this preview of, Published The practical tips can literally bring overnight results, and it all focuses on YOU and what you can do (not changing your partner). I loved this book! I liked her firm focus on fundamentals for good relationships and marriage, some of which are very out of vogue today including personal responsibility, forgiveness, service, selfless love, and commitment. It's amazing how a few small changes can make a big difference. I really enjoyed it, and I would like to own it. I’m married to an imperfect human, too. I don't know why, but I'm still amazed when people think that just because something works for them that it should therefore work for everyone else. What I am talking about is all the criticism and the way that Dr. Laura tells the readers especially the women, if you do not treat your husband for the man that he is, then you won’t get a happy man but an angry boy. - PW. More couples should read or listen to Dr. Laura and incorporate the things she says into their marriage. Of course you do. I get that Dr. Laura is not everyone’s cup of tea. The thought of this is also very beautiful. I realize that Dr. Laura is not everyone's cup of tea. She seems to have the idea that women hold all the power because they have the keys to the kitchen and the bedroom. Thankful that he acts like a man. It was helpful. Jumping off her million-copy bestseller The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands, Dr. Laura Schlessinger exposes the sensitive and loving truths necessary to produce and sustain a wonderfully satisfying marriage. I've heard of Dr Laura before but didn't know much about her or her style of counseling before listening to this audiobook. The follow-up to her million-copy bestseller The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands, Dr. Laura focuses on both partners in the relationship and reveals how to bring marriage back from the brink of disaster. It's not rocket science. Goodreads' Staff Recommends Their Favorite Audiobooks. Who wouldn’t love to come home to. They’re pretty simple and easy to get them to treat you like the queen you deserve. 1 Items in the Collection Proper care and feeding of marriage. The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands, from this unmarried man’s perspective, is an excellent manual for women on how to get want they want from men and marriage and, generally, how to be happy. This book is very practical. I appreciate that she sees the value in women staying home to care for the children, and I love that she promotes the sanctity of marriage and calls it "the covenant of marriage" throughout the book. For those of you who have seen "Fireproof," (a highly recommended movie) Dr. Laura uses the same sort of theme in all of her books. I will definitely read it again. I can see where she might be offensive to some & turn people off with her tone but if you can read this with an open mind and honest view of yourself and the part you play as a spouse, there are lots of bits of good advice in there. I listened on audio and was. The follow-up to her million-copy bestseller The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands, Dr. Laura focuses on both partners in the relationship and reveals how to bring marriage back from the brink of disaster Jumping off her million-copy bestseller The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands, Dr. Laura Men are quite simple. Jumping off her million-copy bestseller The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands, Dr. Laura now exposes the sensitive and loving truth in appreciating the polarity between masculine and feminine in order to produce and sustain a wonderfully satisfying marriage in The Proper Care and Feeding of Marriages. working wife, stay-home dad). Yes, and most often you must give it first and even at times you think your husband should give it first. If each will focus on their complementary traits, marriage can and will be a beautiful fulfilling thing. It’s full of practical advice, Dr Laura humor and wisdom. The Proper Care and Feeding of Marriage (Book) : Schlessinger, Laura : In the long-awaited follow-up to her groundbreaking, million-copy bestseller The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands, Dr. Laura now focuses on how men and women need to understand and appreciate the uniqueness of masculinity and femininity; what the best ways to relate, caretake, and … Dr. Laura's simple principles have changed the lives of millions. Think hard every day about how you can make their life worth living. Her recognition and appreciation of God's role in strengthening marriage was refreshing; she acknowledged it often in appropriate contexts without being preachy. If you are the publisher or author and feel that the reviews shown do not properly reflect the range of media opinion now available, please send us a message with the mainstream media reviews that you would like to see added. Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read. Be the first to ask a question about The Proper Care and Feeding of Marriage. in "The BookBrowse Review" - BookBrowse's membership magazine, and in our weekly "Publishing This Week" newsletter. I don’t feel she’s right about everything, but she does have lots of experience to share and I find a lot of it to be helpful. I recommend this book to men and women. While I agree with traditional views of male and female roles, I DO have a job outside the home - in an ideal world I would work 2/3 days away and be a homemaker for the remainder of the week, but we're not there yet - and it would be nice to have had a few pages in the book dedicated to us "working women" and how to balance home chores, after school a. SOme things it was nice to say wow, glad we don't have that problem! The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands (2003) details how wives can improve their marriages and encourage better behavior from their husbands by first addressing the toxic habits women tend to introduce into a relationship. I think every woman should read this. 283 pages Do I always act like my husband’s dream girl? The Proper Care and Feeding of Marriage. Be kind. So, with that said, from time to time it is good for me to get a fast refresher in caring for my marriage. It's a great book and most of the advice resonates, however, I kept waiting for the chapter dedicated to working wives/mothers and it never came. The Resource Proper care and feeding of marriage Label Proper care and feeding of marriage Language Arabic. Jumping off her million-copy bestseller "The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands," Dr. Laura Schlessinger exposes the sensitive and loving truths necessary to … Dr. I feel like my womanhood was just punched in the face. I try to overlook the stuff that rubs me the wrong way, and focus on what she says that challenges me to be a better wife. Reviews | Author I figured i should take time out to finally review a book... (i much prefer to read than write! Article I do think it was a little more helpful than this one, but this is still so important to read. To see what your friends thought of this book. :>), This book is very similar to another one of her books, The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands. Now, in The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands, Dr. Laura shows you—with real-life examples and real-life solutions—how to wield that power to attain all the sexual pleasure, intimacy, love, joy, and peace you want in your life.

Iracing 49'' Ultrawide, Traktor S4 Mk1, Cva Accura V2 Lr 45 Cal Muzzleloader, Eucalyptus Farm Coupon, 2000 Bayliner 2855 Ciera Weight, 2020 Yz250fx Changes, Rock Band 2 Dongle - Wii, Shield Nickel Grading, Vulcan Welder Reviews, When He Talks About Marriage,