Magi Magi Magician Gal, Jade Cargill Height Weight, Amberen Price At Target, How Did Las Casas View The Conquest Of The Americas?, Danni Baird Instagram, Vlocity Platform Developer Exam Proprofs, Narrative Of The Life Of Frederick Douglass Essay, Yamaha Big Bear 350 Common Problems, Gencloben Crema Precio En Republica Dominicana, " /> Magi Magi Magician Gal, Jade Cargill Height Weight, Amberen Price At Target, How Did Las Casas View The Conquest Of The Americas?, Danni Baird Instagram, Vlocity Platform Developer Exam Proprofs, Narrative Of The Life Of Frederick Douglass Essay, Yamaha Big Bear 350 Common Problems, Gencloben Crema Precio En Republica Dominicana, " />

spinning wing decoy placement

BACK

0000003350 00000 n most of the time i got my spinning wing shut off. 0000006269 00000 n "Sometimes, the tide can shift six to eight feet over the course of a hunting day," Kee says. Simple motion, he continues, is "any movement not within the spinning-wing concept. Success comes when you understand the hunting conditions, read the birds' behavior, and use the right tools for the job. Decoy Placement Many people place spinning-wing decoys directly in front of shooting positions. The motion draws the attention of birds coming in to land, making them focus their attention away from the blind so they don’t see any moving hunters. Ducks like to be in the company of large numbers of … MOJO introduces the Screamin Woody as our most requested product. In the late 1990s the spinning-wing decoy crashed onto the duck hunting scene like a tsunami. Discover realistic spinning wing motion duck hunting decoys from MOJO with super fast wings, realistic designs and motion sure to bring in more ducks! Unlike humans, ducks can see in the ultraviolet spectrum, which allows them to pick out a hunter's face shining in the sunlight as well as a spinning-wing decoy from two to three times farther than the human eye can see it. Putting a low-key motion decoy, like a swimmer, exactly in the spot where you want the ducks to land is also a great tactic.". Changing weather conditions can present a challenge for any hunter, but those on our nation's coasts also have to deal with tides. If you need to, move it a hundred yards outside your spread. "When the original spinners were invented, they were almost unfair," Kirsten says. It has a fast wing speed that is very impressive considering its price. Due to inclement Winter Weather, shipping delays are … “If there is one person using a spinning-wing decoy wrong it can scare the birds away from the whole field. Flutter-Wing Action Duck Decoy Most effective spinning wing on the market. 0000000016 00000 n The first spinning-wing decoy traces its roots to California's Sacramento Valley. 0000013588 00000 n It's no secret that decoy positioning is crucial to successful duck hunting, and that is especially important with the placement of motion decoys. While many inland hunters won't see winds with enough power to spin motorless decoys, we commonly hunt in winds that produce the strobe that ducks can see from a long way away. WINGIT mimics the flashes and water movement given off by real ducks. ", Kee also encourages hunters to remember some tried and true old-school motion tactics. Everything on this app you can find with a simple google search. %PDF-1.6 %���� Denmon separates his theory of motion into two categories: "long-range strobe" and "simple motion." As the season moves on, I also tend to place them farther and farther away from my blind. Search decoy placement on google and don’t waste you money. "I set the motion decoy 10 to 15 yards away from us "You will scare far more ducks with erratic motion than subtle motion. This is the best "I just use a few flicks to get their attention, and once they start coming, I'll stop flapping. I used data from the annual Illinois Waterfowl Hunter Survey for duck hunting seasons 1999 through 2003 to compare mallard ( Anas platyrhynchos ) and total duck harvest, reported days afield, and duck crippling rates between hunters … traditional decoys with a spinning-wing decoy. Mark Kirsten has been hunting the rice fields of his family's Sacramento Valley farm for nearly 30 years, and he has experienced the evolution of spinning-wing decoys firsthand. 0000143245 00000 n Spinning Wing Decoys Motion Decoys Decoy Accessories Motion Decoy Accessories Calls Waterfowl Calls Predator Calls Deer Calls Trail Cameras Cellular Trail Cameras Trail Cameras SD Cards & Readers Trail Camera Scent I need some help with my decoy placement/usage. 0000010470 00000 n The result is a decoy that not only looks better but outperforms all other wind decoys. The initial prototype was rather basic and consisted of a single spinning blade, powered by a small electric motor, atop a stake. A retired game warden and current professional outfitter, Capps is widely regarded as an expert at bringing life to a dull decoy spread, to the point that clients have referred to his Reelfoot Lake timber hole as "Duck Disneyland.". But if ducks become shy and you remove it completely from your spread, you give up the ability to attract ducks from far off. Wind-Driven Attraction Wind driven spinning wing decoys are popular in some areas, especially where motorized decoys are not allowed. While placing a decoy in the middle of a landing hole may not be a terrible idea, a little more thought and creativity can yield better results. 0000005273 00000 n NO Wind...No Problem- U have a FW! xref "Ducks move, and they move a lot," he says. To increase the visibility of his spread, Bard uses a spinning-wing decoy equipped with a remote control, which allows him to turn the decoy on and off while ducks are working. Water motion, on the other hand, is the process of putting a ripple on the water to make decoys move. 0000002312 00000 n "Flagging passing ducks is one of the most effective techniques we use," Kee says.

Magi Magi Magician Gal, Jade Cargill Height Weight, Amberen Price At Target, How Did Las Casas View The Conquest Of The Americas?, Danni Baird Instagram, Vlocity Platform Developer Exam Proprofs, Narrative Of The Life Of Frederick Douglass Essay, Yamaha Big Bear 350 Common Problems, Gencloben Crema Precio En Republica Dominicana,